Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sprouts

The garden has sprouted. After a couple weeks of humidity and rain, the seeds have germinated (except for the pumpkin) and we have little seedlings. I’m thankful that my garden in in the backyard and in fenced in, even though the fence our gate is attached to rocks back and forth whenever I go in and out of it. The deer and bunnies won’t eat my delicate shoots, like they ate my infant lilac bush and lily in the front yard. Now is the time for protection.

Is there something in your life that is a new shoot that needs protection? Maybe a new habit or attitude you are cultivating? Make sure to keep it safe from the things that may nibble it down to nothing. Be proactive. Pray, ask for prayer, guard it.

Proverbs 4:6 (New International Version)
6 Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you.

No comments: