Saturday, August 18, 2007

Talks with Jesus

Talks with Jesus

It’s beautiful to see her sitting, cool in her flowered dress. Still more beautiful to hear the soft murmur of her voice as she talks with Jesus. A comforting sound. The rhythm soothing. The love comforting. Strength flowing out of every word into lives. Lives so busy with living that a prayer seems a difficult task.

Her mirror’s edge crammed with snapshots—their names the essence of the simple poetry of her prayers. No one quite knows the effect of her constant dialogue in the lives of those faces. I’ve often wondered why on a particular day, in a certain situation, a prayer I never uttered was answered. Perhaps my name was mentioned in her daily talks with Jesus.

It’s beautiful to think of her now, face alight at Jesus’ side. So happy to see her, you can tell they’ve been talking for years. Now where were we? Oh yes. I can do that. And, yes. I will do that too. It’s so good to see you here. I love talking with you.

By Mindy Hirst

No comments: